Q: What do I do after a car accident?

A: If you are involved in a car accident, make sure you contact the police immediately. You will want to document the accident with photos and collect information of any witnesses if possible. Notify your insurance company and exchange information with anyone involved in the car accident (Name/Phone Number/Address/License Number). Contact a car accident lawyer if you are injured or have further questions.

Q: How do I know if I have a case?

A: The best approach to know if you have a viable claim is to contact a personal injury lawyer right away. A certified personal injury law firm like Luber Law can assist you in determining if you have a claim. You may not feel hurt right away, injuries can come on several days after an accident occurs.

Q: Do I have a case if I do not feel hurt?

A: After a car accident, serious injury, or traumatic event, you may not feel injuries right away. Injuries could take up to a few days or even weeks after the accident to arise and often do. If you have been involved in a car accident or have sustained a serious injury, call a car accident lawyer immediately.

Q: How long do I have to file a personal injury case?

A: In Pennsylvania the statute of limitations is 2 years from the date of any accident or injury

Q: What do I do if an insurance adjuster calls me?

A: Call your personal injury lawyer before you give any statement to any insurance adjuster. Contact a personal injury law firm and obtain a lawyer as soon as possible. If you are making a claim, direct the adjuster to your personal injury lawyer. Do not divulge additional information at any point.

Q: What damages are available in a personal injury case?

A: If you are involved in a serious injury case or a personal injury case, you could be awarded the following damages:
•Economic damages
-loss of wages
-out of pocket medical expenses
-future loss of wages
-future loss of earning capacity
-pain and suffering
past present and future
•loss of life's pleasures
•embarrassment and humiliation
•loss of consortium (relationship)

Q: How much is my personal injury case worth?

A: The amount of worth a personal injury case has is dependent on the nature and extent of the injury sustained. These can include the amount of economic loss, past/future wages and earnings. Any future medical expenses and if there are any permanent limitations.
*Also, any damages listed under "What damages are available in a personal injury case?" above

Q: What if I had a pre-existing condition?

A: In any personal injury case, the aggravation of preexisting injury is a compensable claim. The individual at fault is responsible for the aggravation of any preexisting injuries. Contact a personal injury lawyer at Luber Law to discuss any further questions.

Q: What if I was partly at fault for the accident?

A: Pennsylvania recognizes "comparative negligence" in any personal injury case. This means that if you are found 50% or less at fault you can still recover compensation for damages. For example, if you were awarded $10K and were found at %50 "comparative negligence" your award would be reduced to $5K. If more than %50 than there is no recovery of compensation. Contact a personal injury lawyer at Luber Law to discuss any further questions.

Q: How long will it take to settle my claim?

A: The time it takes to settle a case can vary. A claim should not be settled until the injured party is done with all treatments. This allows you to establish if future medical care or permanent injuries are known and if earnings are impaired, etc. If you have been involved in an accident and have serious injuries, contact Luber Law immediately.

Q: What is a release in a settlement?

A: A release is a document in which the amount of money for which you settled your claim is released to you, it is the full and final settlement of your claim. This ends the entire litigation process. Be careful when signing a release, consult your personal injury attorney before signing any legal document in your case.

Q: How long will it take to get my check?

A: Usually within 30 days after the release is returned to the insurance company.

Q: How do I pay my medical bills until I get my settlement?
A: If you have been involved in a car accident in Philadelphia Pennsylvania, medical bills are paid through your insurance company depending on your coverage, remaining excess will be paid through your private health care provider. Contact Luber law and consult a car accident lawyer with further questions

Q: What if the accident happened on the job?
A: If the accident happens on the job, your employer is responsible for medical and wages lost through workman comp insurance carrier. Consult your attorney for details.

Q: Do I need a lawyer for a personal injury case?
A: Absolutely, Luber Law is a personal injury law firm and has been practicing law for 50+ years and focuses on Personal Injury cases including;
  • Construction
  • medial mal practice
  • slip and fall
  • Truck and car accidents
  • Workmans comp
  • And more

Q: How do I pay for a lawyer in a personal injury case?
A: Luber Law works solely on a contingent fee basis, we cover any and all court fees and other costs (investigation / expert witnesses) during litigation process, we do not collect any payment unless we win your case. Contact Luber Law to discuss your personal injury case with a trusted and proven personal injury law firm.